How we can support your relationship?
You come home from your day feeling alive, connected, and passionate about what you have learnt. You can’t wait to share it with your husband. You open the door to your husband and he is sitting on his computer working away. You try to get his attention, “Hi love, I am so happy to see you” He nearly granted a response, he didn’t look away from his computer much less give the hug, the kiss, and the embrace you are looking for when you came home.
Most of the time, one of the partners is more of a feeler and the other is more of thinker. Sometimes thinkers need to learn more empathetic form of communication to get through to the feelers. The feelers need to learn more of an emotional skills to communicate in a way that is more understandable to the thinkers’ world.
Are you experiencing?
- Incredibly Lonely.
- Feeling sad and guilty that you want more than he can give.
- Feeling like you are the problem, if you were more exciting, he would respond in the way youwanted.
- You feel too much or too messy or too intense for your partner, as if you are making him shutdown.
- You feel lost and you don’t know what to do.
- You find sex with your partner unfulfilling, you feel dead, just going through the motions.
- Stress about your relationship keeps you awake at night.
- Even though you are sitting beside your partner, you feel so far away.
- You use any of the –olics (workaholic, alcoholic, etc) to deal with the loneliness, the shame, and the guilt in your relationship.